We are a Local Group of Humanists UK. All Humanists UK members and supporters in the local area are automatically part of the group.
Liverpool Humanists aim to provide a range of activities for non-religious living in Liverpool to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, participate in local civic life and support each other. The Local Group represents Humanists UK and the local humanist community at public events and in public forums. Leeds Humanists is led by a team of volunteers that organises events and activities throughout the year.
About the Role:
As Events Manager, you will be an important part of the Liverpool Humanists team. You will support Liverpool Humanists to deliver a range of inclusive events that inform, entertain, inspire and connect local humanists.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the Coordinator to develop an annual programme of online and in-person events.
- Lead the delivery of all events, including speaker acquisition, venue relations, volunteer briefing, and promotion.
You may also be asked to:
- Collaborate with other groups on joint events.
- Ensure that a fundraising element is in place at events.
- Support other volunteers to organise individual events.
How to Apply:
This application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you, including what you would get out of the role and what we expect you would bring to the role.
Whatever your background, or prior experiences, if you’re passionate about creating an inclusive, effective humanist community in Liverpool, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email us at email@example.com, letting us know:
- Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
- Why you are interested in the role
- What do you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
- What you’d like to get out of the role
- Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
We actively encourage applications from all areas of the community. We particularly welcome applicants from groups currently under-represented among Local Section volunteers and leaders, these would include individuals who identify as female, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled, or trans.
We hope the application pack contains all the information you will need to apply. However, if you have any questions before you apply, you are more than welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or an informal chat.