In all our work, we strive to embody our values by:
- engaging in dialogue and debate rationally, intelligently, and with evidence;
- recognising the dignity of individuals and treating them with fairness and respect;
- respecting and promoting freedom, democracy, human rights, and the rule of law;
- taking opportunities to combat all forms of prejudice and unfair discrimination;
- cooperating with others for the common good, including those of different beliefs;
- celebrating human achievement, progress, and potential;
- accepting that human beings are part of a wider natural world which must be treated sustainably for the sake of current and future generations.
As well as shaping how we work as part of our strategy, our values also form part of the code of conduct for all our personnel, including those providing services to the public.