Human beings are social animals, and we often feel the need to get together to find support, learn new things, meet new people, and work together for a common cause. Very often we just want to get together to relax and have fun with like-minded people.
There are dozens of local humanist groups affiliated to Humanists UK across the country, as well as Humanists UK events and activities taking place that individuals can get involved with in their local communities. You can also see our listings for locally organised events across the country.
Local humanist groups undertake a variety of activities, and give you the opportunity to:
- Meet and socialise with like-minded people;
- Campaign on humanist or secularist issues;
- Learn, exchange ideas, and debate issues;
- Volunteer and engage in other charitable work;
- Represent humanist and secularist views, and provide a balance to the influence of religious groups;
- Promote and celebrate scientific and rational thinking;
- Promote Humanism as a life-stance;
- Have fun!
Start your own humanist group
If there isn’t a group near you, then why not set one up? It’s easy! See our Setting up a Group pages for details.
Other Groups and Associated Organisations
There are also a number of other humanist groups associated with Humanists UK: