Sheffield Humanists is a local branch of Humanists UK. All Humanists UK members and supporters in the branch area are automatically part of the branch.
Sheffield Humanists aim to provide a range of activities for non-religious living in Sheffield to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, participate in local civic life and support each other. The branch represents Humanists UK and the local humanist community at public events and in public forums.
We are seeking a dedicated and driven Events Manager to join our team, to assist in delivering the strategic aims of Sheffield Humanists.
As Events Manager, you will be an important part of the Sheffield Humanists team. You will support Sheffield Humanists to deliver a range of inclusive events that inform, entertain, inspire and connect local humanists.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the Coordinator to develop an annual programme of online and in-person events.
- Lead the delivery of all events, including speaker acquisition, venue relations, volunteer briefing, and promotion.
You may also be asked to:
- Collaborate with other groups on joint events.
- Ensure that a fundraising element is in place at events.
- Support other volunteers to organise individual events.
This application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you, including what you would get out of the role and what we expect you would bring to the role.
Whatever your background, or prior experiences, if you’re passionate about creating an inclusive, effective humanist community in Sheffield, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for the role, please email email@example.com letting us know:
- Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
- Why you are interested in the role
- What do you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
- What you’d like to get out of the role
- Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
This need not be a long essay, it’s just to help us understand who you are, and why you’d be a good fit. If you have a current CV, that would also be helpful but isn’t essential. You are welcome to contact the Sheffield Humanists Coordinator, Glenn (coordinator-Sheffield@humanistbranches.uk), or Humanists UK (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the role before applying.
We actively encourage applications from all sections of our community. We particularly welcome applicants from groups currently under-represented among branch volunteers and leaders, these would include individuals who identify as female, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled, or trans.