Isle of Wight Humanists aim to provide a range of activities for non-religious living to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, participate in local civic life and support each other. The local section represents Humanists UK and the local humanist community at public events and in public forums. The group are led by a team of volunteers that organises events and activities throughout the year, and we are now seeking a dedicated and driven Secretary to join our team, to assist in delivering the strategic aims of Isle of Wight Humanists.
The Secretary role on the Isle of Wight Humanists Committee:
● Ensuring meetings are effectively organised
● Circulating agenda/papers for committee meetings
● Writing and sharing minutes and actions after each committee meeting, and following up on actions
● Writing mailings and newsletter
● Maintaining diaries and arranging meetings
● Attending events
Please take a look at the full application pack before applying. We hope this pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you. However, if you have any questions before you apply, you are more than welcome to contact email@example.com for more information, or an informal chat.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know:
● Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
● Why you are interested in the role
● What you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
● What you’d like to get out of the role
● Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role