Exeter Humanists are a local branch of Humanists UK, launching in Spring 2023. They will provide a range of activities for non-religious people in and around Exeter to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, and support each other.
The Exeter Humanists Committee is made up of the core leadership team (the Coordinator, Secretary and Treasurer, appointed by Humanists UK) and any other officers or members appointed. They are supported by a wider team of volunteers.
We are seeking a dedicated and driven Events Manager to join our team, to assist in delivering the strategic aims of Exeter Humanists.
The Events Manager role on the Exeter Humanists Committee includes:
● Managing Exeter Humanists events
● Acting as the primary organiser of the various events (both in-person and online) in the Exeter Humanists annual programme.
● Developing and overseeing the events programme and its associated communications campaigns.
● Taking responsibility for speaker acquisition; venue sourcing; and briefing staff, speakers, and volunteers.
● Producing all event documentation, including briefing documents, mailing requests, event listings, agendas, and records.
● Collaborating with other groups on joint events.
● Ensuring that a fundraising element is in place at events.
● Supporting volunteers to organise individual events.
● Managing teams of volunteers at national events.
● Training volunteers in event management.
Please download the application pack here for more information.
You might also have skills from your work, studies, or volunteering that lend themselves well to this role. You can see the role as an opportunity to develop your skills further in some of these areas. If this sounds like you send your CV and cover letter, detailing how you match the person specification on page six by email with the subject ‘Exeter Humanists Events Manager’’ to Branches@humanists.uk.
If you have any questions about the post, feel free to contact Alastair, the Branches Pilot Project Manager at Branches@humanists.uk – they will be very happy to talk more about the role with you.