Humanists UK’s Assemblies for All website provides teachers with access to a fantastic range of carefully selected, high-quality, inclusive assemblies, with material from a wide variety of providers brought together on one easy-to-use platform. We’re now looking for a volunteer coordinator to help the Understanding Humanism team maintain and develop the site.
Assemblies for All continues to grow in popularity, and we need support with answering enquiries, keeping information on the site up-to-date, and adding new assemblies. There’s also a chance to research assembly materials and providers, and make recommendations about suitable new assemblies to include.
- Keeping an accurate record of the assemblies available on the Assemblies for All website.
- Helping to identify, and assess the suitability of, new assembly resources for addition to the website.
- Reaching out to organisations that provide suitable assemblies to inform them that the Assemblies for All website will be linking to their resources.
- Editing the Assemblies for All website where necessary, uploading new links to assembly resources, removing broken links, and finding replacement links where possible.
- Annually updating key dates in the calendar which change each year.
- Assisting the team with Assemblies for All promotion by
- Recommending the highest quality or most interesting assembly resources for posting on social media.
- Suggesting organisations and contacts to promote the website to.
- Responding to queries sent to the Assemblies for All email inbox.
The role will require 6-8 hours per month and is flexible enough to be able to be scheduled around other commitments.
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch telling us why you’re interested in the role and what you would bring to it (with reference to the ‘Key Activities’ and ‘Key Skills and Experience’ sections). Please send this to us by email with the subject ‘Assemblies for All Coordinator’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the Education Networks Manager, Bethan Fowler, by email at email@example.com. She will be very happy to talk more about the role with you.