Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Faith to Faithless, Humanists UK’s support programme for so-called ‘apostates’. We’re expanding our in-person events across England and Wales, and we’re looking for passionate volunteers to help us make a difference. We currently have regular events in Sheffield, Bournemouth and London. We are looking to expand this to the Midlands, Wales and beyond, you can positively impact lives and help create a more inclusive society. Join us today and be part of the change!
As an Apostate Event Organiser, you will:
- Arrange regular social events for people who have left religious groups.
- Find suitable venues like cafes, museums or restaurants.
- Set the date and time that works best for everyone.
- Communicate with the Apostate Services Development Officer via email and online meetings.
- Check social media for updates.
- Welcome guests and ensure their safety (training will be provided).
- Speak with attendees in a warm and empathetic manner while providing event information.
This application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know:
- Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
- Why you are interested in the role
- What you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
- What you’d like to get out of the role
- Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
You are welcome to contact the Apostate Services Development Officer, Terri, by email at email@example.com, or Humanists UK at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the role before applying.
Please read more about Faith to Faithless here: