A humanist wedding is a non-religious celebration that is welcoming, inclusive, and personally tailored to you, focusing on your love story and things that are important to you as a couple. It is conducted by a trained humanist celebrant and can include unique vows, readings, poems, music, and any rituals you choose.
With a humanist wedding you can really make it memorable and meaningful to you. You can choose a unique location:
- Top ten tips for an outdoor wedding
- Woodland Weddings
- How to have an intimate outdoor wedding at home
- Humanist weddings in Northern Ireland: everything you need to know
You can have whichever readings, traditions and special moments that you want:
- Five romantic poems for humanist weddings
- Pets at weddings | Can I include my dog in my humanist wedding ceremony?
- Symbolic Acts at a Humanist Wedding | Lighting a Unity Candle
- Symbolic Acts at a Humanist Wedding | The Cut-out Heart Race
- Handfasting at a humanist wedding
- Tying the knot in a humanist wedding ceremony
You’re welcome to do it your own way – add your own practical touches and decorations, or even elope!