It’s hard trying to describe a typical humanist ceremony as, by definition, each one is completely unique. There are no rules, and celebrants can give as much or as little help as is needed to create a truly fitting occasion.
That said, all humanist ceremonies are:
- Unique: There is no set script to follow. Our celebrants will work with you and write a bespoke ceremony.
- Non-religious: Our ceremonies focus on what matters in ‘the one life we have’; our relationships with those we love and what we value.
- Personal: Focus is on the person or couple that the ceremony is all about, their personality and individuality.
- Tailored: We’ll make sure the mood, content and tone are exactly what you want.
- Collaborative: Our role is to work with you to create a ceremony that is everything you want it to be, and more.
- Flexible: It’s for you to decide where and when the ceremony is to be held. Let us know and we’ll be there.
- Sincere: There is nothing that has to be included or words that have to be said. Every word will be true to you and your outlook.
- Approved: You’ll have the opportunity to read and feedback on some or all of the draft of the ceremony if you wish. It’s your ceremony – you decide when it’s just right.
So whether you want a ceremony that is large or small, formal or relaxed, traditional or unique, and whether it’s to mark something joyous, sad or bittersweet… we can help.
From these pages you can find out more about our three main types of ceremony: humanist namings, weddings and funerals.You can also find out more about celebrants – the people who write and conduct our ceremonies – or find out who is available in your area.
If you’ve been to a humanist ceremony, you can also leave us feedback.