York Humanists is led by a committee that organises events and activities throughout the year. They are supported by a team of local volunteers specialising in areas like marketing, design, and research, who support the committee.
Ideal candidates for Treasurer will be able to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
The Treasurer’s role on the York Humanists Committee includes:
● Manage expenditure of the branch in line with the budget
● Approve and submit invoices and receipts to Humanists UK finance team
● To oversee and present branch budgets & accounts, including at the branch AGM
● Working with the Coordinator to ensure the branch has an agreed annual budget
● Ensuring income-generating activities are managed in line with best practice
● Ad hoc to support the rest of the committee during busy periods (e.g. run up to events)
Please download the application pack here for more information.
If this sounds like you send your CV and cover letter, with the subject ‘York Treasurer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please contact Alastair at email@example.com.
Please read more about York Humanists here: