Is this the right position for you?
Are you excited about helping families and couples mark the most important moments in their lives in a memorable and meaningful way? Could you promote our non-religious humanist ceremonies to our partners in the funeral, wedding and early years sectors? And support our network of more than 550 trained and accredited celebrants to raise awareness of their services in their communities?
We’re looking for a creative, organised and experienced marketer to join our Ceremonies team at an important time, as we launch a new brand identity for Humanist Ceremonies and increase our consumer-targeted communications.
Working closely with the Director of Ceremonies, you will drive the marketing activity in both digital and traditional spaces to tell more people about humanist funerals, weddings and naming ceremonies and the work of our celebrant network. Our ambition is that more non-religious people choose a humanist ceremony for the milestone moments in their lives.
You will support development and implementation the annual marketing plan, including:
- Creating and delivering trade and consumer ads and advertorials (print and digital), commissioning design as required; negotiating best rates
- Nurturing and supporting our relationships with our industry partners in the funerals, weddings and early years sectors
- Planning, developing and managing the social media calendar, including campaigns and ‘paid for’ as well as ‘always on’ activity
- Maintaining accurate and up to date content on our Humanist Ceremonies website
Recruitment for celebrant training programmes
- Promoting our Humanists UK Celebrant Training courses, as required
- Activity/ROI analysis for social media, campaigns, marketing initiatives and website; regular reporting.
You will be committed to promoting our ceremonies to non-religious people, and have a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification (or similar). For the full job description and person specification download the application pack
If this sounds like you, please email us your updated cv with a covering letter detailing how you match the person specification on page 9 & 10.
CV and covering letter should be returned electronically by email with the subject ‘Marketing Officer – Ceremonies’ to email@example.com by 17:00 Monday, 13 February 2023.
Shortlisting and interviews
Please note we reserve the right to interview candidates on a rolling basis, as we are keen to appoint someone as soon as possible.
Candidates short-listed for interview will be notified by Thursday, 16 February and I regret that we do not have the resources to inform other applicants that have not been shortlisted.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Tuesday, 21 February at our offices at 39 Moreland Street, London EC1V 8BB. Candidates will be asked to prepare a short presentation for the start of the interview.
If you have any questions about the post, please feel free to contact the recruiting manager Deborah Hooper, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org – they will be very happy to talk more about the role with you.