Liverpool Humanists is a local branch of Humanists UK. All Humanists UK members and supporters in the branch area are automatically part of the branch.
Liverpool Humanists aim to provide a range of activities for non-religious living in Liverpool to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, participate in local civic life and support each other. The branch represents Humanists UK and the local humanist community at public events and in public forums.
As Secretary, you will ensure the business of Liverpool Humanists, and its leadership team, is effective and well-organised.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure committee and other planning meetings are effectively organised, and that minutes and actions are appropriately shared.
- Provide administrative support for the planning and delivery of events and other activities.
You may also be asked to:
- Support the Coordinator in the recruitment, management and induction of branch volunteers.
- Support the Coordinator in their reporting responsibilities to Humanists UK.
- Write, submit and manage mailings.
- Manage enquiries into the branch.
- Provide support to other members of the team in the delivery of events andother activities.
This application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you, including what you would get out of the role and what we expect you would bring to the role.
Whatever your background, or prior experiences, if you’re passionate about creating an inclusive, effective humanist community in and around Liverpool, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 26 May 2023 letting us know:
- Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
- Why you are interested in the role
- What do you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
- What you’d like to get out of the role
- Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
This need not be a long essay, it’s just to help us understand who you are, and why you’d be a good fit. If you have a current CV, that would also be helpful but isn’t essential. You are welcome to contact Nick, the current Liverpool Humanists Coordinator (email@example.com), or Humanists UK (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the role before applying.
Please read more about Liverpool Humanists here:
We actively encourage applications from all sections of our community. We particularly welcome applicants from groups currently under-represented among branch volunteers and leaders, these would include individuals who identify as female, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled, or trans.
A copy of our Recruitment and Promotion and Equal Opportunities policies are available to view online.