We are looking for enthusiastic ambassadors to join our team of LGBT Humanists volunteers. As a Pride ambassador, you will help to be the face of our cause to members of the public in your area! As a national organisation, it is vital that our cause and our ethos reach as many areas and people as possible so that the LGBT will suffer less prejudice and discrimination. We are in search of willing volunteers that can help us in this and represent us in Pride events around the U.K.
Activities might include:
- Attending Pride and rallying other Humanists in your area to come and support LGBT Humanists at local Pride events.
- Liaising with local Pride organisers to ensure we are represented.
- Manning our LGBT Humanists literature stands at Pride and conversing with anyone who shows interest in our cause.
- Maintaining a dialogue with the LGBT Humanists committee.
- We will also welcome any ideas you may have as ambassadors in becoming more visible in your local area and how we can make sure our engagement with local Pride events are well organised.
We are currently looking to recruit in the following regions; North East England, North West England, Midlands, London & South East. South West and Wales.
If this sounds like something you would like to get involved with, send an email with the subject ‘LGBT Humanists Pride Ambassador” to Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org – with your name, location, experience, and motivation to get involved to register your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!