LGBT Humanists is the LGBT section of Humanists UK, a charity working towards a tolerant world where rational thinking and kindness prevail. We are looking for an individual to lead the LGBT section in Northern Ireland, who is enthusiastic, driven and organised, and ready to join the LBGT Humanists Committee and share ideas about how the section can reach LGBT people who are living without religion all around the UK and in particular in Northern Ireland.
Key Tasks and Activities
● Sit on the Northern Ireland Humanists committee, providing a formal link to LGBT Humanists by championing issues that are particularly relevant to LGBTQIA+ people in Northern Ireland.
● Acting as the public face of LGBT Humanists to stakeholders and the public in Northern Ireland
● Attending Pride and rallying other Humanists in your area to come and support LGBT Humanists at local Pride events.
● Liaising with local Pride organisers to ensure we are represented.
● Manning our LGBT Humanists literature stands at Pride and conversing with anyone who shows interest in our cause.
● Maintaining a dialogue with the LGBT Humanists committee.
● We will also welcome any ideas you may have as ambassadors in becoming more visible in your local area and how we can make sure our engagement with local Pride events are well organised.
Please read the full role description in the Application Pack and if this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send your CV and cover letter, detailing your skills and experience, by email with the subject ‘Northern Ireland LGBT Ambassador’ to email@example.com.