LGBT Humanists is the LGBT section of Humanists UK. We are LGBT people who support Humanist values and we are Humanists who support LGBT rights. We are looking for the next Events Lead for our LGBT section who will deliver a range of inclusive events that inform, entertain and inspire. building on our proud history of over 40 years at the forefront of social change for the betterment of LGBT people.
Key Tasks and Activities
- Work with the Coordinator to develop an annual programme of online and in-person events across the country
- Take the lead in organising key events such as the LGBT Humanists convention, and Trans Day of Remembrance.
- Lead the delivery of all events, including speaker acquisition, venue relations, volunteer briefing, promotion and set up and set down at socials and events.
- Ensure that a fundraising element is in place at events.
- Assist the committee in general with supporting local groups with stands and marches at Pride events across the country
This application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know:
- Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
- Why you are interested in the role
- What you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
- What you’d like to get out of the role
- Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
This doesn’t need to be a long essay, just to help us understand who you are, and why you’d be a good fit. If you have a current CV, that would also be helpful, but isn’t essential.
You are welcome to contact the LGBT Humanists Coordinator, Nick, (email@example.com), or Humanists UK (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the role before applying.
Please read more about LGBT Humanists here: