Exeter Humanists are a local branch of Humanists UK, launching in Spring 2023. They will provide a range of activities for non-religious people in and around Exeter to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, and support each other.
We are seeking a dedicated and driven Outreach Officer to join our team, by connecting with the Exeter Humanists community.
● Serving as Exeter Humanists’ first point of contact with the Exeter community.
● Representing Exeter Humanists at external events both locally and nationally.
● Developing Exeter Humanists’ existing links and forging new relationships with other groups, organisations, and stakeholders.
● Liaising and networking with representatives of groups and organisations in Exeter, to build links and collaboration.
● Working with the Coordinator to design partnerships and collaborative activities between Exeter Humanists and other groups and organisations.
● Identifying opportunities to recruit new members of Humanists UK, and to support non-religious people in Exeter.
The full role description can be found on page five of this Application Pack.
You might also have skills from your work, studies, or volunteering that lend themselves well to this role. You can see the role as an opportunity to develop your skills further in some of these areas. If this sounds like you send your CV and cover letter, detailing how you match the person specification on page six by email with the subject ‘Exeter Humanists Outreach Officer’ to Branches@humanists.uk.
If you have any questions about the post, feel free to contact Alastair, the Branches Pilot Project Manager at Branches@humanists.uk – they will be very happy to talk more about the role with you.