Exeter Humanists are a local branch of Humanists UK, launching in Spring 2023. They will provide a range of activities for non-religious people in and around Exeter to meet, socialise, campaign, raise awareness of humanism, and support each other.
The Exeter Humanists Committee is made up of the core leadership team (the Coordinator, Secretary and Treasurer, appointed by Humanists UK) and any other officers or members appointed. They are supported by a wider team of volunteers.
We are seeking a dedicated and driven Coordinator to join our team, to assist in delivering the strategic aims of Exeter Humanists.
The Coordinator role on the Exeter Humanists Committee includes:
● Work with the rest of the leadership team to help steer the activities above and ensure everything’s on track (including chairing monthly committee meetings)
● Work with Humanists UK staff to ensure what the Exeter Humanists are doing fits the wider organisation and that economies of scale/crossovers/other opportunities aren’t missed
● Lead on strategic planning and quarterly reporting, drawing on support from the Humanists UK staff as needed
● Manage the group’s events programme, with support from the rest of the team
● Budgeting and financial management
● Recruitment, engagement, and retention of committee members and volunteers
Please download the application pack here for more information.
You will be a motivated, dedicated, and organised person with great communication skills, who is enthusiastic about volunteering their time and skills to support Exeter Humanists and have ideas about how the group can reach the growing number of people who are living without religion in and around Exeter. If this sounds like you send your CV and cover letter, detailing how you match the person specification on page six by email with the subject ‘Exeter Humanists Coordinator’ to Branches@humanists.uk.
If you have any questions about the post, feel free to contact Alastair, the Branches Pilot Project Manager at Branches@humanists.uk – they will be very happy to talk more about the role with you.