We are seeking a volunteer within our Communications and Development (CommDev) team for up to two months and for roughly 6-8 hours per week (to be agreed).
As part of a small expert team, you will provide assistance on a wide range of online and print media activities to further public understanding of humanism and promote our campaigns for a secular state ensuring human rights and equality. We are looking for a passionate, committed, articulate, and creative individual to take on this opportunity.
Duties will be wide-ranging and include:
- Assisting in the production of Humanist UK’s podcast What I Believe
- Assisting in the launch of Humanists UK’s TikTok account
- Assisting with social media content production, including preparing written material for our website and social media
- Providing administrative support to the communications team
- Assisting with events organisation and promotion
- Assisting with research tasks
Training and personal development opportunities include:
- An introduction to how podcasts work, with opportunities to learn from shadowing and supporting our in-house podcast producer (Sophie)
- An introduction to strategic communications and using large social media platforms to achieve wider policy and communications objectives
- Scope to write blogs, news articles, and comment pieces related to topical issues covering a wide range of subjects
Ideal candidates will be confident writers or have experience of working in student journalism or with social media. Political awareness is key, but for this role, being aware of and up to date with pop culture is an asset as well.
If this sounds like you, please take a look at the full Application Pack here.
To apply, please send a CV and a short cover note explaining why you want to volunteer with us and why you think you are what we are looking for, highlighting any relevant experience you may have had with editorial work, design, or social media, along with details of your availability, to Georgia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.