We are seeking a dedicated and driven Coordinator to join our Committee, to assist in delivering these core activities:
- Lead on developing a meaningful planned programme of activities for the local humanist community, and ensure the branch volunteer team has the members and skills necessary to deliver this plan.
- Lead on working with and reporting to Humanists UK, to ensure that what Colchester Humanists is doing fits the wider organisation and that economies of scale/crossovers/other opportunities aren’t missed.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Colchester Humanists activities are inclusive and welcoming.
This application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you, including what you would get out of the role and what we expect you would bring to the role.
Whatever your background, or prior experiences, if you’re passionate about creating an inclusive, effective humanist community in and around Colchester, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 26 May 2023 letting us know:
- Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
- Why you are interested in the role
- What do you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
- What you’d like to get out of the role
- Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
This need not be a long essay, it’s just to help us understand who you are, and why you’d be a good fit. If you have a current CV, that would also be helpful but isn’t essential. You are welcome to contact Humanists UK (email@example.com) to discuss the role before applying.
Please read more about Colchester Humanists here:
We actively encourage applications from all sections of our community. We particularly welcome applicants from groups currently under-represented among branch volunteers and leaders, these would include individuals who identify as female, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled, or trans.
A copy of our Recruitment and Promotion and Equal Opportunities policies are available to view online.