Young Humanists UK is the voice for non-religious young people. Two-thirds of young people are non-religious. We provide them with the community and platform that their voices deserve. We think young people have a right to be heard and that more should be done to ensure policy reflects their views.
We provide a community and a national platform for young non-religious people in order to change policy and public opinion.
We are seeking a dedicated and driven individual to join our Committee, to assist in delivering the three strategic aims of Young Humanists:
● Supporting our members
● Enhancing the activities of Humanists UK
● Attracting new members.
Examples of Young Humanists Events Manager Tasks:
● Managing Young Humanists events
● Acting as the primary organiser of the various events (both in-person and online) in the Young Humanists annual programme.
● Developing and overseeing the events programme and its associated communications campaigns.
● Managing all national Young Humanists events (and local events where appropriate) on the day.
● Taking responsibility for speaker acquisition; venue sourcing; and briefing staff, speakers, and volunteers.
● Producing all event documentation, including briefing documents, mailing requests, event listings, agendas, and records.
● Collaborating with other groups on joint events.
● Ensuring that a fundraising element is in place at events.
Please take a look at the APPLICATION PACK for full details about the role.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter, detailing how you match the person specification on page 7 of the Application Pack, with the subject ‘Young Humanists Events Manager to email@example.com.